Saw a great article on the KitchenViews.com blog with tips on kitchen remodeling. Check it out!
Remodeling your kitchen is always such a big project. It’s always a great idea to plan ahead and have patience with it, otherwise things can easily snowball and you’ll be running around like a chicken with its head cut off!
Some nice and easy tips from Kitchen Views:
- Have patience – discuss a realistic schedule with your family/spouse and all your inner circle (designers, contractors, etc)
- Expect the unexpected – while it seems cliche, this way when it does happen you’ll be ready
- Be flexible – especially when the unexpected comes along. Especially when it’s your crew of workers that is the source.
- Stock up on paper goods – plates, cups, utensils, and more. You may not have access to a kitchen sink!
- Keep those menus handy! – some days you will just want to avoid the kitchen and eat out
- Prep the grill – some days you will just want to avoid the kitchen and be out on your patio or yard
- Continue to make dinner plans with friends – whether you bring them home or go out, it’s nice to have dinner with friends. And your close friends won’t mind if your place is a mess – and in fact they will be witness to the amazing amount of work you’ll have done!